Well, its time again and VMworld is looming. I personally haven’t missed a VMworld since 2005 and some years I’ve been lucky enough to go twice. You know the things I love about VMworld and that’s why I’m addicted to going include:
• Networking – right at the top of my list…. It’s that one time of year I get chance to mingle and network with my peers.
• Education – nowhere can you get super focused knowledge transfer as you do at VMworld
• New Stuff – Want to find out about the latest tech first? Then you just have to go to VMworld
• Eco-System – for me a big part of VMworld is meeting the eco-system partners. I’m always looking to close the loop and to build the best solutions. I think this would be 2nd on my list.
• Direction – VMworld helps me articulate the direction my company should be headed in the next few years
• Party – Oh yes.. some of the best parties happen at VMworld… It’s like the vendors have to one-up each other when it comes to parties… I should know I used to help organise one of them
Don’t delay register today by click >HERE<
I decided to open-source the code of my previous projects and tools I built. Since I’m using GitHub more and more to help me with current projects I felt it unfair that I kept all my code to myself without sharing so I started uploading past projects into my GitHub. So amongst others you’ll find the code for:
and Vdisk Informer
In my GitHub repository found >HERE<
Most of these tools are legacy now but someone might find something useful in them….ENJOY….
Check this out: Industry First Alert. The new version of ProfileUnity and FlexApp, v6.7.6, (my favourite product of all time) which has an industry first feature, the ability to have User Profiles as a Service from Object-based storage (Amazon S3, Google Cloud, or Microsoft Blob).
Liquidware are able to do this with API level integration without using a SMB file share! You can also host your needed configuration files the same way, thus avoiding two Windows servers that would otherwise be needed in the mix.
This streamlines the cost and complexity of VDI, RDS, and any Windows desktop management. It also makes it seamless to onboard users to DaaS when ready because your profiles and data can already be hosted in the cloud.
So your profiles can sit in a cloud blob… means they can follow you everywhere now…. EVERYWHERE!
You need to click >HERE< to learn more.