Mizuno USA needed to upgrade it’s SAN infrastructure to replace an aging system. Data growth was also causing problems for their backup process. Mizuno turned to Tegile Systems to solve both the SAN and backup issues.
Both Unitrends and Veeam persuaded me to use their Essentials package pricing as these were still relevant to the report. This does put things in a new perspective. Download it: VM Backup Bake off (1255 downloads)
Please check out my sponsored link:
I started a new project off. I have authored a comparison paper comparing 5 somewhat similar VM Backup solutions. This is the beginning of an iterative project. I know I can test more products and perform more tests but these are the products that came to mind and the tests are relevant to how I want to use the VM backup solutions. I’d like to thank Anton Gostev from Veeam, Joseph Noonan from Unitrends, Sergei Serdyuk from Nakivo, Andrey Polevoy from Acronis and David Gugick from Dell for your support. I want to point out a few disclaimers:
- Hopefully there is no biased in this document. They all have their pros/cons
- It was highlighted that I should have gone with a different Acronis product which I will in the next iteration
- In testing you may find different performance results than what I saw
- The results were graded based on my opinion and experience. Do not take this for gospel, do your research
- Pricing may differ when speaking to the vendor or partner vendor.
- False statements and corrections will be corrected in the next iteration.
If you like the document and you want me to talk about my experience please reach out to me.
Download here > VM Backup Bake off (1255 downloads)