Please let me introduce our newest Platinum Sponsor – Vembu. Vembu develop Backup & DR tools for virtualization and cloud and as we all know this is right up my street.
Vembu’s own words “Vision of Vembu: “To make software and cloud services very affordable for the hundreds of thousands of small and medium businesses worldwide”
Vembu’s flagship offering is the BDR Suite of products meant for on-premise, offsite, cloud backup and disaster recovery across diverse IT environments including physical, virtual, applications and endpoints. Since 2002, Vembu’s industry-recognized data protection solutions have delivered tangible value to more than 60,000 businesses worldwide through a network of 4000+ partners (MSPs/VARs & Resellers). With Data Centers of Small and Medium Businesses, Enterprise IT Administrator & Service Providers as its target audience, 70% of customers are from USA, 20% are from Europe and the remaining from APAC region.
Vembu BDR Suite:
The latest offering from Vembu, Vembu BDR Suite v3.5 is a comprehensive Backup & Disaster Recovery solution for heterogeneous and diverse IT environments. The products under Vembu BDR Suite v3.5 can be used by complex IT systems to a simple IT setup in small & midsize businesses. It is one of the most comprehensive solution in the market, serving environments like VMware vSphere, Microsoft Hyper-V, Windows, Linux and Mac and also providing flexible deployment options like offsite, cloud, on-premise and hybrid cloud.
Apart from products in the suite, Vembu also offers free products as below:
Vembu offers add-on products as well:
Vembu OffsiteDR: Vembu OffsiteDR offers added data protection, allowing users to replicate data to their very own data center from backup server. With this option users can now restore data directly from the OffsiteDR server which is similar as restoring from backup server with minimalistic downtime.
Vembu CloudDR: Vembu CloudDR offers added data protection by allowing you to transfer data to Vembu’s Cloud. With this option you can now directly restore the data on our cloud with minimalistic downtime
Vembu BDR360: Vembu BDR360 is the centralized monitoring and management portal that provides end to end visibility to all your IT environment backed up using the Vembu BDR Suite products. BDR360 can be used both by data center IT administrators and service providers offering managed services.
You might be thinking “not another backup vendor” but if you have read my previous comparisons or attended any of my VMUG sessions on Tips for backing up VMs then you’ll know I believe there is a space for everyone and if the product meets your needs and is cost effective then why not.
Please keep watching this space for announcements and reviews on Vembu.
Veeam Backup & Replication v9 was released recently.
Veeam V9 includes the following features
- Recovery of entire VMs or individual items
- Fast, agentless item recovery and e-discovery for Microsoft Exchange SharePoint and Active Directory
- Transaction-level consistent restore of Oracle databasesand SQL Server databases
- Lower RPOs and 20x faster backups with backup from EMC, HP and NetApp storage snapshots.
- Fully-integrated cloud-based disaster recovery and fast, secure cloud backup with Veeam Cloud Connect through a service provider
- Automatic recoverability testing of every backup and every replica, every time
- Built-in WAN acceleration to get backups and replicas offsite up to 50x faster than standard file copy
- Unlimited Scale-out Backup Repository™, Direct Storage Access and built-in deduplication and compression
- Disaster recovery and Replication with 1-click site failover and failback with little to no business interruption
Firstly happy new year all!
Recently I was asked an interview question on my view on VSAN and its impact on hyper-converged over the next 3 years. The following post is my answer to that question along with other well known bloggers: