Do you want to backup Exchange on W2008?
I don’t usually get this passionate but recent BS spread by one of our competitors which include straight out lies, claiming Veeam Backup cannot perform the most simplest of tasks like restoring to an earlier point.
So I wanna fight lies with truths and straight out facts:
- Their backup product doesn’t have CBT….so sloowwww
- Their backup product cannot backup Exchange, SQL or AD transaction consistently in a Windows 2008 VM because they piggy back on the VMware tools VSS component. Confirmation found > Here <
- Their products cannot restore or replicate to ESXi
- Their products doesn’t have an Enterprise Manager to manage multiple backups servers at the same time.
- They sell the future – I have seen their roadmap from 2006 and guess what, it’s exactly the same in 2010…nothing changed there then.
- And so on and so on
Of course that vendor will say: ” we will have all these features soon”
My advice to you is don’t believe everything you read on blogs try it out for yourself… TestDev & POC is always the best advice.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.