Just a little note about the new features of Vembu 4.0 coming soon. Vembu has put some serious cycles into adding a ton of new features into their product.
Some new features include Hyper-V cluster backup in which Vembu support backing up the VMs in the cluster and even if VMs configured for backup are bounced around hosts. Regardless incremental backup will continue to happen without any interruption. VHDxs that are shared are now supported. Vembu can switch between CheckSun based backups in case of a CBT failure. You can now Single sign-on with the new Credential Manager
Not new features but a few existing things have also been enhanced. Position tracking – Backups will resume where they left off if there was, for example, a network failure. You can now configure the specification of the Virtual Hardware during the live recovery. Parameters like the socket count and core counts, memory, hard disk provision type, and network adapter etc etc.
You can now generate a report for Quick VM recovery process with details from the VM job like VM Name, Recovery point, Start and End time, target hypervisor and the status of the recovery.
During the recovery of the backed-up Hyper-V VM, a separate agent is pushed to the target machine for performing the full VM recovery. This nice Hyper-V recovery feature. You can also now select on a per hyper-v VM basis to choose application awareness or not.
Before you couldn’t activate or deactivate a particular BDR server connected to an OffsiteDR server. This has now been enhanced so you can.
A new set of APIs is developed to give a detailed report on storage utilization like the size of the VM, storage space utilized by a backup job, compression rate etc. This reminds me of a tool I built years ago called vDisk Informer.
These guys are rocketing forward with new features and enhancements.
Wanna know more? CLICK HERE
Altaro has launched an exciting contest in celebration of SysAdmin Day on 27th July!
They will be giving away Amazon eGift Cards to the first 100 eligible entries and 1 Grand Prize for 1 lucky winner.
The Grand Prize winner will be able to choose any prize from the following: a Playstation 4 Pro, Xbox One X, a 3-year membership of Amazon Prime and more.
All contest participants will even get FOREVER FREE backup for 2 VMs when they download Altaro VM Backup!
Want to WIN?
Here’s what you need to do to:
- Download Altaro VM Backup from https://goo.gl/BydZkB using a valid work email address
- Set up a virtual machine on Altaro VM Backup and take a screenshot. Only screenshots that show at least 1 VM added for backing up will be considered as eligible.
- Upload the screenshot and the Grand Prize choice at the link you will receive via email once you download Altaro VM Backup
Well, its time again and VMworld is looming. I personally haven’t missed a VMworld since 2005 and some years I’ve been lucky enough to go twice. You know the things I love about VMworld and that’s why I’m addicted to going include:
• Networking – right at the top of my list…. It’s that one time of year I get chance to mingle and network with my peers.
• Education – nowhere can you get super focused knowledge transfer as you do at VMworld
• New Stuff – Want to find out about the latest tech first? Then you just have to go to VMworld
• Eco-System – for me a big part of VMworld is meeting the eco-system partners. I’m always looking to close the loop and to build the best solutions. I think this would be 2nd on my list.
• Direction – VMworld helps me articulate the direction my company should be headed in the next few years
• Party – Oh yes.. some of the best parties happen at VMworld… It’s like the vendors have to one-up each other when it comes to parties… I should know I used to help organise one of them
Don’t delay register today by click >HERE<