Well, its time again and VMworld is looming. I personally haven’t missed a VMworld since 2005 and some years I’ve been lucky enough to go twice. You know the things I love about VMworld and that’s why I’m addicted to going include:
• Networking – right at the top of my list…. It’s that one time of year I get chance to mingle and network with my peers.
• Education – nowhere can you get super focused knowledge transfer as you do at VMworld
• New Stuff – Want to find out about the latest tech first? Then you just have to go to VMworld
• Eco-System – for me a big part of VMworld is meeting the eco-system partners. I’m always looking to close the loop and to build the best solutions. I think this would be 2nd on my list.
• Direction – VMworld helps me articulate the direction my company should be headed in the next few years
• Party – Oh yes.. some of the best parties happen at VMworld… It’s like the vendors have to one-up each other when it comes to parties… I should know I used to help organise one of them
Don’t delay register today by click >HERE<
Proud to announce a new sponsor to Virtualize Planet = = Runecast
Runecast is an innovative provider of actionable predictive analytics for VMware vSphere environments. Runecast Analyzer provides software-defined expertise to mitigate service outages, increase security and compliance and reduce time in troubleshooting. Runecast Analyzer is deployed in VMware environments across the globe within enterprise and SME customers. For more information visit www.runecast.biz.
I’d like to welcome my new Gold Sponsor Velostrata. Velostrata do something interesting IMO. They are a startup vendor looking to help clients with Hybrid bursting woes and in their words:
“What if you could move production workloads to and from the public cloud in minutes, not months? What if you didn’t have to worry about migrating storage for those workloads? The hybrid cloud vision is to provide on-demand access without the “baggage”—time, complexity, cost, and risk—of migrating storage. Velostrata makes that vision a reality.
Velostrata streams production workloads to and from the public cloud in minutes with a unique architecture that decouples compute from storage. With Velostrata, enabling on-demand hybrid cloud for production workloads is finally fast, simple, cost-effective, and low-risk.”
They have a lot of plans to evolve this product but the use case today is something like this scenario:
Imagine you have your on-premises infrastructure, maybe a Vblock. You have tons of free storage and storage IO but then you are hit with an influx of work that causes CPU spikes left right and centre and the only way to resolve this is to move off some of your VMs. Now what do you do? Turn them off? Go out and buy new servers (which may take months to arrive) to cater for this infrequent spike? Well Velostrata could get you up and running quicker by allowing you to run the extra compute needed on a public cloud like AWS whilst the storage stays on-premises. Wanna know how? Click the advert below (NO REGISTRATION NEEDED). This is some cool shiz going on and they promise will only get better.