VMware related material
Very proud to announce my first sponsor of my new blog blog.cloudnativeplanet.com Morpheus Data. I was very lucky to see a demo of Morpheus Data and was wowed by how feature rich the solution is. The person running the demo just happened to be an old friend of mine from Veeam James Smith. Morpheus is full blown CMP/PaaS or PaaS/CMP not which way round you class it but I saw it as a PaaS product. If you ever sat in one of my PaaS presentations you’d know I look for certain characteristics in a PaaS solution and Morpheus is there IMO. At later stage, I’m going to get a chance to play with this product myself but some words from me on the subject:
If you know me you know this is one of my fav tools. I chirp on about it all the time.
The Devolutions team has been hard at work making some major improvements, enhancements and additions – many of which were suggested by our incredible community of IT pros (that would be YOU!).
We’ve already announced three new additions in RDM 12 that we think you’ll appreciate: Devolutions Proxy, the PowerShell module and Wayk Now integration. But wait, there’s more! Here are some of the new features you can look forward to:
- SQL Server DB Login
- Role-based security
- Root Settings
- Proxy Tunnel (Http, SOCKS4, SOCKS4a, SOCKS5)
- Pack Data Source to optimize the database
- Mobile View
- Zoho Vault integration
- WebDAV files browser
For the complete list of what’s new or improved, check out our change history.
How Can I Get It?
- If you have an active Enterprise License, you’ll be prompted to upgrade when you log into Remote Desktop Manager or visit our website: https://remotedesktopmanager.com/Home/Download
- If your license has expired, now is the ideal time to renew. Remember, you get lots of extras, including software maintenance and support. You can purchase a license through our online store, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and our team will take care of you.
- If you’re new to the Devolutions family (welcome!), you can try RDM Enterprise for 30 days at no cost. After that, you can purchase a license, or you can use RDM Free for as long as you wish.
Important note if you’re using Devolutions Server (DVLS)
While you probably want to upgrade to Remote Desktop Manager 12 now, be careful. To get the best user experience, please contact us before updating to the latest version as we’ll provide you guidelines on how to properly update to Devolutions Server 4. To reach our team of expert simply send us a message to email@example.com. Updating to RDM 12 without updating to DVLS 4 will cause failures.
The ability to configure and deploy high-performance VMs within a vSphere virtual environment continues to put CIO’s under increasing pressure to deal with the rampant bête noire of IT: business continuity. What started with Line of Business (LoB) driven Service Level Agreements (SLAs) requiring IT to meet rigorous Recovery Time and Recovery Point Objectives (RTO and RPO) has grown into an auditable ISO standard (ISO22301) and an emerging software niche for Disaster Recovery Management (DRM) systems. Click Here To Read More