After being on vacation and turning my lab back on after month of being powered down I found I couldn’t get Horizon Workspace operational again. Error message was Bad Gateway. I remember I had this problem before and it turned out to be an uplink down on one of my DVS switches associated to Workspace. This time, not the case. I debugged this problem by first trying to ping all the VA’s in the vApps and noticed the service-va didn’t respond. After checking the console I noticed it was failing to boot with filesystem errors. So after logging as root I ran fsck with no switches, rebooted and hey presto I’m a happy chappy once again…. Just in the nick of time as tomorrow I’m off to VMworld and I need my lab up to train people on what we are doing with vCloud and Horizon.
Its that time again. London VMUG happening next week on the 25th. The line up looks like this:
- VMTurbo Plenary Presentation – Andrew Mallaband
- Don’t Do Virtual Networking, Do Cloud Networking – Greg Ferro, packetpushers.net
- The Virtual Community, Social Media & You – Darren and Gregg
- How InfoSec Can Improve Your Love Life – Barry Coatsworth
- A Puppet Primer – Robbie Jerrom, VMware
- Nimble Storage Presentation – Nick Dyer
- Making Cloud Storage Easy to Use- Hans de Leenheer, Veeam
- VMware Horizon Update – Peter von Oven, VMware
- vCAC Part Deux, The Return – Kim Ranyard, VMware
- SDN For Beginners – Dave Burgess, VMware
- Atlantis Computing Lab
- Heterogeneous vCD – Stuart Thompson and Lee Harris
- Onward Drinks at Pavilion End
I should be there and looking forward to the presentation from Greg Ferro and the VCAC preso.